Updated: Content Writer, UWGB main campus (paid)
Content Writer Job Description (Paid): Application deadline: February 1, 2022
The Division of Information Technology’s (GBIT) Service Desk is looking for a part-time Content Writer for the department. As the Content Writer, you will be integral to the image of the Service Desk. The Content Writer can expect to compose and manage articles for the Service Desk and Content Writing Lead. Additionally, the Content Writer will be assisting the Student Coordinator with scheduling, email replies, and more. The Service Desk offers flexible scheduling and an enriching atmosphere for employees; we want to ensure our employees can balance work, school, and life.
- Prepare technical articles and documentation as part of GBIT’s Knowledge Base
- Maintain the accuracy of the GBIT 700+ Knowledge Base articles under supervision
- Learn the “ins and outs” of the department to successfully help maintain and create training and procedure documentation
- Assist the Student Coordinator with scheduling training, replying to applicants, working on training plans, etc.
- Collaborate with staff to learn best-practices for the Service Desk and use said practices to document and implement procedure changes as needed
- Collaborate with various departments within IT to ensure documentation within the Knowledge Base is accurate and presented clearly
- Collaborate with lead to ensure accuracy, clarity, daily task information, and proper documentation
- Desire to learn new things
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to receive criticism and be ready to edit writing style to mirror the tone of the division
- Ability to master new skills and materials quickly and write thorough and easy-to-understand documentation for a variety of users
- Willingness to work alongside staff, students, and lead to accurately document training and procedures for future use
- A background in technology is preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us
- Flexible scheduling: we are willing to work with you to develop a work schedule that accommodates your classes and other commitments.
- Opportunities to grow and develop in your career, including side projects that will look great on your resumé!
- A portfolio of written content for future employers that displays your technical proficiency and creativity!
- The Service Desk is open Monday through Thursday 8 am to 6:30 pm and Fridays from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Writers are expected to work during these hours with their appointed supervisor and lead; frequent meetings with supervisor and lead are required.
- The Service Desk is open during winter and summer interims, during which full-time hours are available.
For more information about our department, visit our website: https://www.uwgb.edu/information-technology/.
Please direct any questions to Kim Miller.
TO APPLY: Click the link, below. Applications due Feb 1, 2022.