Marketing and Communication Intern, Nonprofit Education and Development Network (UW-GB)
Marketing and Communication Intern
Compensation: $12-14/hour (not for credit)
Duration & Time: September 2022-August 2023. 10-16 hours a week, 500-800 hours total.
Reports to: Dr. Lora Warner, Associate Professor, Department of Public & Environmental Affairs and Jess Lambrecht, Executive, Division of Continuing Education and Community Engagement
Summary: The internship focuses on program development, marketing and brand strategy implementation for continuing education initiatives, with particular focus on Nonprofit Education & Development Network
Responsibilities – Division of Continuing Education & Community Engagement (50%)
- Support CECE marketing team to execute multiple strategies, including social media, web page content, program literature/flyers, and other initiatives.
Responsibilities – Nonprofit Education & Development Network (50%)
- Attend and support network development meetings. Set up meetings of nonprofit leadership team, staff, Advisory committee and others. Record meeting minutes and conduct meeting follow up as needed such as creating new documents, lists, action steps or other. Some meetings will occur on campus in person, many will be virtual meetings.
- Develop social media strategy (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) for the nonprofit network and build membership. Manage weekly social media posts.
- Conduct market research into competition for our programs.
- Assist with development and marketing of various NP events and programs. Manage the nonprofit MailerLite list and send out notices related to nonprofit programming.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education and/or experience in social media strategy, audience engagement, producing content such as brief videos, interactive posts
- Ability to utilize social media platforms to conduct mailings, including LinkedIn, Instagram & FB
- Education and/or experience in communication strategies
- Education and/or experience in copywriting for websites, mailings, brochures
- Ability to use professional software tools, including Office suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- At least sophomore level
- Availability to work in-person at times
Apply to Dr. Lora Warner. Please use the following SUBJECT if you apply by email: CECE Marketing & Com Intern and email cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Deadline to apply: April 22, 2022